Just off of Railway and a few minutes' walk from Gastown - though not in stilettos, I'd hasten to add - is the favored Alibi Room. Its casual feel is reminiscent of a Meat Packing District bistro. It overlooks the train tracks but is set far enough off from Gastown to be just that much hipper and offer easily incognito comings and goings.
A sampling of just a few of the beers they've got ON TAP:
• Cannery Brewing - Naramata Nut Brown
• Lagunitas - Lucky 13 ***
• Howe Sound Brewing - Limited Release Imperial IPA***
• Swans Buckerfields - Scotch Ale
• Crannog brewing - Hells Kitchen Potato Red ale
• Spinnakers Ale House - 25th Anniversary Pale
• Phillip's Brewing - Chocolate Porter
They also serve organically grown and local boutique wines and have a creative house cocktail list. The building itself is a heritage site, which was built over 100 years ago.
Food is a Gastronome's Pub Fare:
SMALL & SHARE PLATES
• Free-run chicken wings with honey, garlic, chili, and fresh herbs
• Edamame with toasted sesame salt
• Skinny fries with chili garlic vinegar & house made ketchup
• Canadian cheese plate - daily selection, house condiments & warm breads
• Mushroom & hazelnut Pate with truffle oil, whole roasted garlic bulb & crostini
• BC Bison cheese steak with spiced bison flank, peppers, onions & cheddar. Pumpkin seed 'slaw and fries.
Check out their full menu here: The Alibi Room
And they're not open for lunch, only after dark, when the Vampires come out.
157 Alexander Street @ Main
Read More On:
Local Food And Wine
Vancouver Food And Wine